Nomads Trial - 11 June 2017 - Welgelegen, Kuilsriver
The Nomads trial for June is on Welgelegen Farm in Kuilsriver, on Sunday 11 June at 10am.
We are doing the cleanup at Welgelegen on Sunday 4th March. Please come help clean and set sections for the trial this Sunday. From 9am.
The farm is family-friendly, with shade, grass and ablutions. Bring your own refreshments/picnic. There will be an electric trial for youngsters, run as we did during the GVK Fun Trial.
For Beginners - what to expect:
- Arrive around 9am, we have a riders' briefing just before 10am and start at 10am.
- There are 8 sections (they are short), and we will ride 4 laps through them. The beginners' line is called "clubman", and is set so that it is safe and does not require commitment.
- The first lap is done together, because we all walk the section before riding it. During the walk we explain the various lines and options, adjust obstacles if they are too difficult or dangerous, and plan our strategies.
- At the end of each section is a sheet where you will enter your score.
- You will need a helmet, gloves, pants and boots. A t-shirt is fine, though elbow-guards and knee-guards if you have them are a good idea. One or two people wear body armour.
- R50 per bike
From Stellenbosch side ride 2km on bottelary road. Turn left at J.Bonthuys Welgelegen farm (small dirt road through vineyard). Continue to T junction, turn left. At barn turn left and about 150m further a staggered intersection turn right into an open area next to a forest. This is the spot.
From Cape Town:
- N1 and turn off at Kraaifontein. Turn right to cross over the N1 at the top of the offramp.
- Drive all the way straight through Kraaifontein and two circles until you reach Bottelary road.
- Turn left and ride about 2km to a right-turn onto a gravel road to Klipheuwel.
- Drive about 3km straight until you reach Welgelegen farm gate.
- Turn left past the barn, 150m to a staggered intersection. Turn right and stop.
Keep those feet up